Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's official...Spain here I come!

I just booked my flight today and will be departing Houston on Sunday, September 16 at 4:10 PM off to my new adventure! I am so pumped. I also spoke to two different people who work for Instituto Hemingway and they answered all of my silly American questions. In case you are wondering exactly where I will be in Spain, it is in the northern region and the city is Bilbao. Here is a map to get a better idea.



Anyway, as soon as I get ther I will begin taking my Spanish lessons because school starts Oct. 1 and I will have to know enough Spanish to teach English to my students. I will have internet at Instituto Hemingway so make sure to email me and stop by my blog as often as possible because I will be posting things. I also plan to get back into some of my photography so hopefully I will post some nifty shots too. Now I have to get busy preparing. I have to get a student visa, which is a very long process and figure out exactly what to pack!

Here is a photo of the famous Guggenheim museum designed by Canadian-American architect Frank Gehry. Many people from around the world travel here to see it.



Isn't it gorgeous? If you want to know more about my city, you can visit this link. I have to decide where else I want to travel while I'm there. Definitely Barcelona, Madrid, Seville and Southern France since I'm right below them. So much to do!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Yay! That must be a great feeling to have that ticket booked! I'm so excited for you and proud of you. I think this trip will change your life in so many ways and just making the decision to do it was so brave and straight from the heart. You were born with great intuition, and I think this journey will help you get to know yourself even more. You're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?? No shout out to your airline friend who helped you find the ticket? Just kidding, Emily....this is so such exciting news. Congrats and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU DANIEL!!! He was about to give me a guest pass but found a decent flight instead for me. I owe him for all his help. You're the best man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily I am so excited for you. Isn't it wild how our paths change so drastically sometimes! Sounds like you are on a true journey of self discovery. I hope the best for you. I'm looking forward to keeping up with you on your blog. We found out our new baby is a girl! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Em! This will be awesome, and a great excuse for me to come to Spain!. :)

    ReplyDelete