Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Childlike spirit

In one of my favorite chick-flicks, Under the Tuscan Sun, there is a line about how to find happiness: "Always keep your childlike spirit." I love it.

In childlike fashion, I decided to "play" yesterday. Oren wanted to go play shuffle board at Dave and Busters. We invited his sister along and made an evening out of it. Although Donna (his sister) and I lost the shuffle board game, we both rocked at some of the other things we played in the main game room.

I know it's old school, but Skee ball is one of the coolest games out there in my opinion. I don't know why, but I have always been good at it even if it's been years between playing. If it were up to me, we would have played that all night but since it had been who knows how many years since I've been to Dave and Busters, I thought it best to take a look around and see what other kinds of games we could play.

Although there were some cool new ones and other ones where you could definitely earn more tickets, Skee ball still comes in as No. 1 for me. Even though I stayed out way too late for a weeknight, I had a great time. There is something very refreshing about good old-fashioned playing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment