Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 random things about me

So, in keeping with my friend Elizabeth's blog idea, I decided to post a Facebook concept to my blog so that all my readers can learn a little bit more about me. The challenge was to list 25 facts, opinions, life goals about yourself. It is actually pretty difficult to come up with on the spot. But I'm long-winded, and therefore I enjoyed this exercise. So here you go people. A little more about me:


1. I am one who needs lots of time when it comes to getting ready, especially in the mornings. If someone tries to rush me I get really pissed off and it can potentially ruin my mood for the rest of the day.

2. I have three brothers, one is my twin, and I love them all in so many different ways. Oddly though, they were never those intimidating, over-protective types who scared boys away from trying to date me. I'm OK with that. I'm happier knowing they allowed me to learn my own lessons.

3. I have a cat who thinks she is a human being. She is the neediest thing I have ever seen...always wanting to make some kind of bodily contact with me. She even reaches up and cups her paw on my face and looks lovingly into my eyes. I know it sounds unreal, but I promise you it is.

4. After the brutal ending of my last relationship, I picked up and moved to Bilbao, Spain for six months to rediscover myself and remember what it was to be on my own and comfortable with that. I took intense Spanish courses and taught conversational English. That period of my life will always hold a special place in my heart.

5. I have one niece who is about to turn 1 year old and I recently found out I will be an auntie for the second time because my middle brother, Ben, and his wife are pregnant.

6. I am addicted to coffee. It's not even my favorite thing to drink. I began drinking it in high school in order to stay up late to cram for my very challenging Advanced Placement courses which was almost impossible to do after an entire afternoon of intense cheerleading practices.

7. Yes, I was a cheerleader in high school. We competed on an annual basis and won the NCA National Championships in 1998 in Dallas against 40 other small co-ed squads.

8. I am now living in Houston, a place I never thought I would end up after leaving for college in the year 2000. Surprisingly, it suits me very well and I am loving re-discovering the city and being close to my parents.

9. This past summer, I gave in and bought a Blackberry because I hated my last phone. It is seriously one of the neatest devices I've ever seen. And I love the new ease of texting with a full keyboard.

10. Although my boyfriend, Oren, tried very hard to find a good singing voice in me, it's just not there. I am not tone deaf, but I definitely need some form of training.

11. No matter how hard I try, I cannot whistle. And no matter how many different ways you teach me, not so much as a pathetic little noise comes out. This drives Oren crazy and it is one of his life goals to get me to whistle.

12. My two best friends currently live very far away from me and it has been hard not having them closer. They are my sisters and I love them and I am comforted to know that in the future we will have the ability to see each other much more.

13. In 2007, I trained for and ran a half-marathon by myself. It was one of the most strenuous things I've ever done and I couldn't feel my body from the butt down for about 3 days afterward, but it was one of the most rewarding personal accomplishments of my life.

14. I am technically 4' 10 3/4 " tall although I tend to tell people 5 feet (which is usually true with most of my shoes). I have always wished I was a little taller, mainly because weight is such a bigger battle for such a small person. But there are benefits to being petite as well.

15. My hair used to be naturally curly, but over the past 5 years or so, it has progressively converted to a wavy, trying to be straight sort of state. I'm not sure how I feel about this. But I've been told it will probably totally change again once I get pregnant.

16. My biggest passion is writing. I'm currently a writer for the editorial department of a petroleum information company, but my life dream would be to become an author of nonfiction novels. Words are one of my most favorite things in life.

17. Travel is another one of my passions. I am fascinated with other cultures, languages and different forms of beauty in exotic, far-away lands. Another one of my life goals is to always try to surround myself in beauty.

18. This past year has been one of the best years of my life. I have fallen in love with a person who is everything and so much more that I've ever wanted in another half. He is truly wonderful and I feel so lucky to have him in my life.

19. I love wine. I think it's a wonderful beverage full of different flavors and elements. Each time I drink it , I feel like it's an experience. I love how it is made and that it comes from nature.

20. I love food too. I'm very open-minded and like to try all sorts of different ethnic varieties. I think cooking is an art and am slowly working on mastering it and finding my cooking style. Top Chef is one of my favorite shows and it inspires me to continue working on my craft.

21. Photography used to be a big hobby of mine. I have published several photos in several publications back when I was a journalist. One of my photos even made it to a large billboard in Austin (although I never saw it) as I helped my friend in advertising with a breast cancer awareness campaign.

22. I have met some pretty famous people, including Julia Roberts and Kevin Spacey. Kevin is awesome. Yes we are on a first-name basis.

23. I'm really tired of always feeling poor. Although money is not the most important thing to me, I feel like I can never make enough to feel comfortable and/or to be saving for any big things. One day.

24. I want many children. At least four. I may change my mind but I'm pretty sure Oren is scared to death. Sorry babe.

25. I am strongly considering getting laser eye surgery. My doctor feels I am at the prime age and prescription level to do it. The expense of it is a little hard to stomach right now but I do believe in the long-run it will be well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment