Monday, December 15, 2008

Why can't Houston weather make up its mind?

It's 2pm on a Tuesday and the temperature is currently 42 degrees outside. When I drove into work yesterday, it was 60 degrees dropping by 15 at noon. Sunday, it must have been in the upper 70's and it was so humid I felt like I was in a bath. I know this because I went to the Texans game (yay! we beat the Titans! No offense Vince Young.) Last week, it actually snowed. But the day before the snow fell, I remember leaving work in the 80-degree range. I don't want to even pretend I understand the trends of the sub-tropic weather patterns. All I know is this is the kind of weather that gets the general population sick, moi included.

So, as Oren likes to calculate the percentage of his health (he is also under the weather), I would rate myself at about 85%. I can feel my body trying to spiral down to a meager 20% but I am battling it out with lots of fluids and Emergen-C. That stuff works wonders. Or at least I think it does, although it could all be in my head. (Remember people, I also majored in psychology).

I hope Texans everywhere are staying warm and avoiding getting sick. For me, I think this is good preparation for Oren's and my trip to New York next week. Christmas in New York...how great does that sound???

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Em! It is 23 degrees here in OK. My kids from Orlando came for an early Christmas and we were all wondering why we were in OK instead of FL. Sat. it was beautiful. Since then, we have had sleet, ice, and snow. Yuck. We are headed to Allen (TX) on Fri. so we'll be in for more surprises. Have a wonderful holiday with you sweet Oren. Hello to all your family and I'm happy to be your first "follower". Loveya, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:05 PM

    Hey Emy,
    I know this weather is crazy!! But I do wish for a white Christmas as my hubby hasn't been through one before! LOL.. Plus the kids loved it when it snowed. So, you guys are going to NYC huh?? Going to Eva??? Or is it Ava? I can never remember. I miss you and hope you guys have a great holiday/trip!!
    love you tons!
    JenJen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back in the swing of things again! I agree about blogging being a great way to keep the creative juices flowing, I find I am able to write better for work if I'm blogging frequently.

    ReplyDelete