Thursday, May 31, 2007

task for the week accomplished

When I got back from San Fran, I had one goal in mind. (In my state, you kind of have to take baby steps and be proud of them.) I registered to take the GRE – the required test you have to take before applying to any graduate or professional school.

I've never been good at taking any sort of standardized test. I can make straight A's but I can also miserably perform on those things. It's weird. I remember in middle school, being pulled out of my class once a week to do practice tests for TASS or whatever the stupid required test was at the time. It was humiliating because I knew I was a good student and smart. There was just something about those things that made my mind work differently...and not for the better.

Anyway, here I go again. Hoping this time that a complete education, including two majors and a minor under my belt and some life experience might do me some justice. I plan to study and review quite a bit but I'm frequently told not to study too much for this thing.

My test date is July 14, so I have some time to prepare. Keep me in your thoughts as I can use all the luck I can get. I want to do well on this very expensive test!

2 comments:

  1. The GRE is one of the easier standardized tests I've taken, and I'm just as bad at taking them as you are. Of course, I'm comparing it to things like the MCAT (8 hours long, subjects that everyone hates, FINGERPRINTING!!! (!!!!)). The most helpful thing to me when I took it (eons ago) was to download the practice tests from the GRE website and to take all of them. More than anything, it got me used to the computer interface they use at the GRE testing centers. So, do that. :) If you take one and realize you're lacking in one of the subjects, study it and retake it. It will help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no doubt in my mind that you can accomplish anything you want. Keep your chin up, straighten your shoulders and exude the confidence that I know is within you.
    Hey Ari, what's wrong with fingerprinting?

    ReplyDelete