Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Another Berman Girl



Sweet baby Maya was born into this world on July 30, 2009. After visiting her in Tulsa this past weekend at only two weeks old, I am convinced that the Berman girls are the sweetest girls in the world. I couldn't feel more lucky to be the auntie of two amazing babies who light up any room they are in.

Although the trip was short, I got some great one-on-one bonding time with Miss Maya. She is such a good baby and boy does she love to sleep! I actually got about eight hours each night, which was totally unexpected, or actually the opposite of what I expected to experience! Ben and Nadja figured out a great schedule for her that doesn't always go as planned but it's pretty good for only two weeks in!

So far this is what I have observed about Maya...she is going to have the deepest, most beautiful blue eyes. She has THE cutest sneeze I have ever heard. She is working on focusing her vision, although she hasn't quite mastered it yet. She can sometimes hold her head up. She has many amazing reflexes you just don't expect to see in a two-week old and she LOVES LOVES LOVES to snuggle. She likes to position herself into what we call the "tree frog" position and her head nestles right into your neck. She'll wake up every so often and make an adorable sighing noise, nestle her head a little more into your neck and then fall soundly back to sleep. When she is awake, she is very quiet and just finds things to look at and stares. She's a good eater and you definitely know when she's hungry by the type of cry or by her frantically searching for something to put her mouth around. She has a very sweet demeanor, just like her cousin Sasha. And last but not least, she has brought so much joy already to her new parents. I don't think I've ever seen my brother so happy and it makes me so happy to see the amazing daddy that I always knew he would be.

Of course, I enjoyed catching up with Ben & Nadja too. It had been about two years since the last time I visited them in Tulsa. We talked a whole lot, watched a lot of movies and enjoyed some good food (I cooked for them Saturday night). They seem to really know what they are doing with Maya. It's like its the most natural thing in the world to them, which is very refreshing to see.

Congratulations Ben and Nadja on a beautiful and lovely baby girl. I can't wait to see you all again. Until then, give Maya plenty of kisses from her Auntie Em!

No comments:

Post a Comment