Friday, May 02, 2008

Lots of News!

Hello All! It's been a while since I've made a post but that's because so many things have been up in the air since I got back from Spain. It took me some time to re-adjust to the "states" and to figure out what was next. I hope all is well in your lives. Here is a little bit of what is going on with me...

First and foremost, baby Sasha Rose is here! I am so pumped to be an auntie and she is one of the most gorgeous newborns I've ever seen (no bias here!). This photo is from her birth day, April 20, 2008. I learned from a movie that the literal translation of "to give birth" in Italian is dare alla luce, which means to give to the light. This photo reminds me of that translation. Welcome to the light, my beautiful niece.




I am going to San Francisco to help the new parents out May 19-25th so the anticipation is pretty high for me. I can't wait to meet Sasha in person.

In other news, I got a job offer I couldn't refuse (little Godfather reference for ya there)! It is a publication writer position for a company called IHS. It's a major information company that focuses on the petroleum industry. I will be writing in daily wires, weekly reports and monthly publications catering mostly to all the geologist-types out there. It will be a new challenge as I will be learning about an entirely new subject matter and I will be learning some technical writing, which is a very valuable asset to have as a writer. Here is a link to the web site if you want to take a look: http://www.ihs.com. I start May 12 and I am going to be paid pretty well for only being in the real world a couple of years. Me alegra!! (This makes me happy.)

Also, there is a new boy in the picture. ;) His name is Oren and he lives here in Houston. He's a technical engineer for Schlumberger and a musician on the side. And for all my family members you might want to sit down for this...he is actually Jewish! He's Israeli-American and has dual citizenship. Fluent in both Hebrew and English and just really one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. We made things official yesterday and it's been a lot of fun so far! I promise to keep you all posted.

Whew! I think that's about all. Looks like Houston is my new home for a good while, which my mom is pleased about. I want to hear from all of you and I wish you all love.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 PM

    Hey hun,
    I can't wait to meet this guy!!! See ya tomorrow!!
    xoxo
    jenjen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that baby is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen in my life!! I can't believe she isn't famous already!!

    (no bias at all from her father). :)

    Glad all is going so well for you Em! And, since you're staying with me right now, it's been great having you around. Love you!

    --Ari

    ReplyDelete