Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My first Spanish poem

Well it's been a long time since I've taken a stab at writing poetry, but for some reason many of my Spanish assignments involve writing my own songs or poems and it seems to be flowing out of me! My profesora was very taken away with one that I wrote this week and called me a professional poet! I don't really think so but I am pretty proud of this poem and I thought I would post it for you all. I guess having a broken heart is really beneficial in the artistic realm.

It is in Spanish and I'd like to keep it that way because I think it's more beautiful and intense in Spanish and means more to me since I can actually write poems in a different language. My dad might be the only one who understands it but you can always pull out your dictionaries if you want to know the meaning:

El Sufrimiento del Corazon

Cuando te vea, estare contenta
Cuando oiga tu voz, me sintire aliviada
Cuando me toques, estare comoda
y cuando este contigo, olvidare mis problemas.

Al contrario, cuando me veas, estaras triste
Cuando oigas mi voz, te sintiras culpable
Cuando te toque, estaras nervioso
y cuando estes conmigo, recordaras todos tus problemas.

Cuando me digas la verdad, estare desconsolada
Cuando mire tus ojos, vere mucha pena
Cuando me digas que me amas, no te creere
y cuando yal qespededir, me ire para siempre.

Cuando piense en ti, tendre buenos recuerdos
Cuando hable de ti, dire buenas cosas
Cuando recuerde mi vida, siempre seras parte de ella
y cuando te des cuenta de que soy tu unico amor verdadero, estare con alguien quien ya lo sabia desde el principio.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:45 AM

    nice poem, Emily. I don't read Spanish (my whole family does though) but I know enough of the Latin roots (and passive Spanish from being a Texan) that I can tell its very personal and exceptionally pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Em! Nice poem. Since I know the root of that poem, it makes a lot of sense to me. I actually managed to get through the whole thing having only to look up alguien (I know, silly) and qespededir, which I couldn't find anywhere. Is that some weird contraction? Anyway, very pretty, very personal and surprisingly positive considering the source of the material. I loved it and it was fun to [try] to think in Spanish again.

    ReplyDelete